Get Paid to Read News Everyday!

Sign up below...

Whatsapp Channel

Enugu State Government Strikes N100bn Deal for Palm Plantation Revitalization and Five-Star Hotel Construction

Enugu Govt signs deal to revive United Palm Products Limited
Enugu Govt signs deal to revive United Palm Products Limited

The Enugu State Government has greenlit a N100 billion deal with Pragmatic Palms Limited for the rejuvenation of the defunct Enugu State United Palm Products Limited.

Additionally, plans are underway for the construction of a 380-room five-star hotel at the International Conference Centre, Enugu, with the contract awarded to China Communication and Construction Company.

The decision, disclosed by key officials including Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Mr Gerald Otiji, Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Obi Ozor, Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Ugochi Madueke, and Commissioner for Agriculture and Agro-Industrialisation, Mr Patrick Ubru, underscores the government’s commitment to positioning Enugu State as a prime hub for investment, commerce, tourism, and residency.

Mr Otiji revealed that the five-star hotel project is poised to attract top-tier brands, fostering healthy competition while offering state-of-the-art amenities.

Meanwhile, the partnership for the palm plantation revitalization entails a joint effort, with the state contributing 40% in land or assets value, while the remaining 60% of the transaction value is financed by partners.

Madueke emphasized the transformative impact of the proposed five-star hotel on tourism, hospitality, and the economy, noting its potential to enhance Enugu’s international appeal and capacity to host lucrative conferences.

Mr Ubru highlighted the job creation prospects and the elevation of Enugu State as a significant player in oil palm production, which could also bolster foreign exchange earnings.

Furthermore, Commissioner Ozor outlined the government’s initiative to revamp transportation infrastructure, citing the commencement of the Transport Infrastructure Project as a pivotal step towards fostering an affordable, efficient, and sustainable transportation system, to propel the state’s economy from $4.4 billion to $30 billion.


This Article is Fact-Checked. See Policy.
Total
0
Shares

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Posts