Jonathan Disowns Northern Group, Says APC Presidential Form Bought Without His Consent

Jonathan Disowns Northern Group, Says APC Presidential Form Bought Without His Consent Falana States Legal Reasons Why Goodluck Jonathan Cannot Run For President in 2023
Mr. Jonathan

Former president Goodluck Jonathan has disowned the northern coalition group that purchased the APC presidential form for him earlier on Monday.

The former Nigerian leader made his stand known via a statement issued Monday night by his spokesman, Ikechukwu Eze.

In the statement, the former president said he didn’t authorise the purchase of the form and that he has no links with the group.

“It has come to our notice that a group has purportedly purchased Presidential Nomination and Expression of Interest forms of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the name of former President Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan,” the statement reads.

“We wish to categorically state that Dr. Jonathan was not aware of this bid and did not authorise it.

“We want to state that if the former President wanted to contest an election, he would make his intentions clear to the public and will not enter through the back door.

“While we appreciate the overwhelming request by a cross-section of Nigerians for Dr. Jonathan to make himself available for the 2023 presidential election, we wish to state that he has not, in anyway, committed himself to this request.

“Buying a presidential aspiration form in the name of Dr. Jonathan without his consent, knowing the position he had held in this country, is considered an insult to his person. The general public is therefore advised to disregard it.

Jonathan, who lost the 2015 presidential election as a candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is also yet to officially declare his interest in contesting the presidency in the 2023 poll.

Total
27
Shares
Share this post on Flipboad |
Related Posts